Portuguese Language School officially started in March 2011 to offer an immersion and communicative language teaching method of Portuguese learning, combining years of teaching experience of Brazilian teachers in Australia.
A pilot project in term 4 2010 by Juliana Frantz and Gabriela Guimaraes established the need to offer regular Portuguese classes to the Australian community. Since term 1 2011 students have been able to consistently develop their Portuguese knowledge, as they step through the course levels with our professional and approachable teachers.
– Focus on Brazilian Portuguese with professional native teachers.
– Focus on the target language speaking Portuguese in class.
– Dynamic classes with lots of activities per 1.5h / 3h block.
– Visual materials, slide presentations and flashcards.
– Audio materials, dialogues and exposure to different accents from Brazil.
– Live practice scenarios.
– Grammar progression knowledge.
– Writing practice with feedback.
– Learn about cultural aspects of Brazil through language and customs.
– Progression of levels through our constantly reviewed curriculum.
We love seeing our students progress from day one as they become a welcome member of the vibrant Portuguese speaking community!